The Bridal Council has formed a multicultural committee with a focus on ensuring diversity and inclusivity within the industry…
In their commitment to inclusion and diversity, The Bridal Council have announced the formation of this new committee, which will be headed by four prominent leaders – Co-Chairs Myrdith Leon-Mccormick (Editorial Director of World Bride Magazine) and Myrna P. Daramy (CEO and Founder of Myrna & Co.), along with Neil Brown (CEO of Amsale) and Mark Ingram (CEO of Mark Ingram Atelier).
In their mission to provide insightful content, trends, and awareness, The Bridal Council say they “acknowledge that the industry as a whole wants to do better in response to the racial injustice in the united states and how it carries over into the bridal industry.”
They are planning a meeting to start the plans to increase diversity and inclusivity in the bridal industry, with initiatives and discussion including:
- Offer resources for education on diversity
- Commit to including more diversity in bridal ad campaigns, social media shoots and runway shows
- Recruit diverse talent in design, retail and media
- Create internships with bridal designers, retailers and media members
- Create a mentor program for designers, retailers and media members to support diverse talent.
To get involved and help achieve these goals with ideas, comments or questions, email email@example.com