Textile Forum, the UK’s luxury fashion fabric show, are predicting an increased demand for decorative fabrics and vivid colours ahead of next month’s event…
The organiser’s of London’s luxury fabric and trimmings event have reported a more upbeat mood among designers for the start of the new year, and with it a greater interest in decorative fabrics and vivid colours. Textile Forum is set to take place on 11-12th March 2020 at One Marylebone, London, where over 100 collection will be exhibited.
Amy Packham, event director, Textile Forum says:
“Exhibitors are also reporting that alongside this optimistic air, designers are showing increased signs of loyalty and want to work even more closely with their fabric suppliers. This means the latter are not just developing the core products for which they have become well-known but sourcing additional qualities to broaden their appeal, which in turn is making the market even more competitive and exciting.”
What can you expect from the exhibitors?
- Pongees is offering more fancy fabrics by taking on the UK agency for Portuguese supplier Sanmartin, whose collection complements its extensive plain fabric range.
- At Bennett Silks there are new silk/linen suiting qualities
- Bernstein& Banleys has a dozen fresh designs in its printed lining collection to meet the demand for fun.
- Storrs London, a first-time exhibitor, has colour at the heart of its printed superfine cotton lawns, influenced by the English Arts and Crafts movement.
- There’s lots of colour, too, at Chrisanne Clover, whose high performance fabrics are available in a vast palette.
There will also be specialist garment and accessory manufacturers in the UKFT supported zone, including Intimate Apparel Samples, MAES, Plus Samples, Ruth Glen, Sew It In London, Unlimited Fashion.
When: 11-12th March 2020
Where: One Marylebone, London
Opening times: 10am to 6pm
More details: textileforum.org.uk