We here at Wedding Trader have joined forces with Propress, the steam machine experts, who have put up not just one, not two but three professional steamers – worth nearly £600 each – for the winners of this month’s competition.
Boutique owners: we want to see your windows! Your window display can be the thing that makes that vital first impression on a potential customer. It’s what could decide them to step inside and make an appointment with you. We asked Tim Oliver of Propress for his handy hints on how to get your gowns looking sharp…
FIVE TOP TIPS
• A gown with beads or sequins? It’s best to steam embellished areas from underneath.
• Steam a full-skirted gown from the inside – this will put fullness back into the dress and will transform how it looks. Then drop the outer part of the dress and steam that as normal.
• Use one hand to control the fabric and add a bit of tension; this can help with stubborn creases and generally makes the process easier and faster.
• Don’t keep running up and down the same area – you don’t want to create damp areas that will then crease when the fabric dries.
• Steam gathers and ruching from the inside/underneath to avoid putting in those pesky creases.
HOW TO ENTER
How often do you change your window displays? We want to see the ones that you’re especially proud of – the ones that demand attention and attract customers. For a chance to win one of these great steamers, email a sharp photograph or two of your best dressed window displays, to email@example.com.
Don’t forget to include your name, the name of your boutique, a contact phone number and website, and a 50-word explanation of what makes this particular window work for you – plus the reason and/or inspiration behind it!
On 1 May 2018 we’ll go through all the entries and choose the three that we think stand out. Then we’ll email the three shops and to arrange delivery of their new Propress PRO290 steamer. Good luck!
Terms and Conditions
Competition ends 11.59pm 30th April 2018
Entrant must be genuine bridal boutique owners
The prize is a Propress PRO290 Steamer. Three are available to win, which will be awarded to three individual boutiques
Prize is strictly not for resale
Prize is non-transferable
There is no cash or prize alternative
Open to UK entries only